Bursting At The Seam? – What Can Hydro Do For You?
Hello and welcome to our blog!
Bursting At The Seam?
It is reported that 1 in 8 households are likely to experience a water leak or burst pipe. It is one of the most common plumbing issues across the UK.
Not only is a burst pipe or a backed up drain a huge inconvenience, but it can cause hefty property damage to structure, fixtures and furnishings. This can result in very expensive repairs and replacements. We thought it might be useful to list some handy hints as to what to do in the event of a burst pipe in your home:
• Turn off the water supply – As soon as you move house, it is important to locate the stopcock so that you are aware of its whereabouts in such emergencies. Usually, it lives under the kitchen sink.
• Drain the water system – This can be done by turning on all of the cold taps on in the house and flushing the toilets.
• Switch the water heating systems off – Turn off any water heating system such as immersion heaters and central heating. Then, turn all of the hot taps on to drain the system further.
• Turn off all electrics – It is vital to switch the mains immediately if the burst pipe is leaking water onto electrics or electrical appliances. If the fuse board has been covered in water, it is very important that you do not touch it. Call for a qualified electrician as soon as possible.
• Fixing the problem – If you are a dab hand at DIY plumbing and feel able to fix the problem, go for it! However, if, like most of us, you have no idea where to start, call an emergency plumber.
Backed up drains.
Here are some helpful steps to follow when you discover that the drains in your home are backing up:
• Firstly, check your toilets, sinks and waste pipes to see whether there are any blockages causing an internal plumbing problem.
• Call for help – If you cannot figure out the problem, the next step is to call your area water company or a local drainage company
• Do not use sinks and toilets – Avoid using anything that requires draining, this will only make the problem worse as the water waste has nowhere to go.
• Waiting game – Unfortunately, when it comes to backed up sewers, the repair process is out of your hands. This needs to be corrected by professionals who will fix the problem in the public draining systems.
Our expert team at Hydro are always more than happy to offer advice and provide a quick response emergency call out service that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have any type of drainage problem and feel that you are unable to rectify it, please call us today on 01634 867297 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check our services tab for the full range of solutions that we offer.